Wiki documentation updated

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Mar 2 08:43:31 EST 2011

Hi,

I've been working on the wiki content:

Lots of obsolete content deleted, replaced with redirects or textual
links to current information. Where the obsolete content describes
strategy or non-obvious technical processes, I've left it in place (or
put on "Historical" pages) as it might be useful in the future - but
the information is clearly marked as obsolete with links to where the
new info is found.

Lots of duplicate info was removed, being replaced with links the the
one definitive place where relevant. Some pages were consolidated too.

I've written some procedures into emails too many times -- now they
are wikified. Also, some processes that were only known in the minds
of a select few of us (such as operation of mock.laptop.org, how the
dropbox system works, etc) are now documented.

I've documented how the current release process is working, and I've
added source and maintainer info for all of our software components.

Hopefully it is now a bit easier for new contributors to get involved
on system-level development and release engineering.

Pages with new, interesting content:

Build System
Image Builder
RPM Dropbox
Project hosting
Release Process
Release Process/*
Frozen repositories
Kernel
dracut-modules-olpc
User:DanielDrake/Yum
User:DanielDrake/Language_packs
Serial adapters
Developers
Developers/*

Generic maintenance/minor updates:

Taking_a_Joyride
Joyride
Emulating the XO
Emulating_the_XO/Comparison_of_Alternatives
Building_custom_images
Releases
Future releases
USR_Checklist
Unscheduled_software_release_process
Release Notes
F11 for 1.5
F11 for 1.0
9.1.0
Feature requests
Feature roadmap
What_release_am_I_running%3F
How_to_check_the_OS_and_firmware_versions
Updating the XO
OS Images
Builds
olpc-update