Screen dimming XO1 vs XO 1.5

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Jun 26 10:40:01 EDT 2011

On 26 June 2011 15:22, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, soon I will learn to use terminology correctly.  In this case, by dim
> I meant instant off.  :-)

Yep, this is a known issue - but one that we treat only with low priority.

Auto screen poweroff on inactivity has been implemented on XO-1 but
not on XO-1.5.
The XO-1 implementation is a bit questionable, that's why it is not a
trivial task to include it for XO-1.5.

In future this may get easier, when we get our OLPC-specific display
controller driver into the kernel, and when we eventually move our
graphics driver into the kernel ("KMS").

So, I wouldn't worry about digging into this. Here is a relevant
ticket you could track: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9710

Thanks,
Daniel