Screen dimming XO1 vs XO 1.5

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Sun Jun 26 13:37:08 EDT 2011

daniel wrote:
 > On 26 June 2011 15:22, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > Sorry, soon I will learn to use terminology correctly.  In this case, by dim
 > > I meant instant off.  :-)
 >
 > Yep, this is a known issue - but one that we treat only with low priority.
 >
 > Auto screen poweroff on inactivity has been implemented on XO-1 but
 > not on XO-1.5.

given you referred to #9710, i'm assuming you think kevin is seeing
DPMS.  did we reenable DPMS on XO-1?  i hadn't realized that.  i've
recommended keeping it off for some time, because it fights with powerd,
but maybe you've fixed that.

 > The XO-1 implementation is a bit questionable, that's why it is not a
 > trivial task to include it for XO-1.5.

equivalent functionality would be trivial, with a new checkbox to
reconfigure powerd to allow dimming/blanking the screen but prevent sleeping.
this would work on both platforms.

paul