[support-gang] using usb2vga with 11.2.0 and 10.1.3

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 08:39:09 EDT 2011

First results, and I do apologize but I wont have any more time until
tomorrow to test further

3 different XO's:  USB2VGA and USB2VGA2 work first time everytime using
build 860.  Same 3 XO 1's, using os23 the external adapters work never.  Not
intermittently, never.  The single dot is the one with the V not the one
with the X.  There was one weird thing, on one of the USB ports on one of
the XO's it got to the third dot then the animation switched to the console
and then the machine hung.  For fun, plugging in the adapter after a boot,
LSUSB output does show the device correctly attached to the USB2 hub.  But
booting with the device attached to that port is still unsuccessful.  I have
*not* tried the XO 1.5's yet.

Also, maybe a false alarm on the LDUSB, it's kicking an error, but the
sensors still seem to work. Also, the external microscopes look like they
work too.  In both of those cases, one plugs in the device *after* boot
though.

I'll start working my way up the 11.2 builds to see if/when the External VGA
started or stopped working. But unfortunately, it will be tomorrow

Cheers

KG