Current oob - any clear F13 incompat?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Wed Jun 15 11:35:28 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at> wrote:
> My main reason for wanting to get F-14 running on the XO HW is so I can
> start testing core components so if we do have issues there I can fix them
> earlier rather than later. There might be an easier way to do this booting
> of SD or similar. Open to ideas.

Sure. I'd make a root fs on an SD card, you can grab the kernel rpms

And grab boot.fth from any recent img.

Currently the xo will favour an ext SD card for booting, so just place
it there, with /boot/olpc.fth and off it'll go.

> Busybox is mostly done for F-14, there's issues I'm still looking at for
> F-13. I believe libabiword on F-13 is built. I'll look at csound shortly. I

Excellent news. If F14 is progressing, then focus on that. I don't
_actually_ care about F13 except as a step to get us there :-)

>> What I'd prefer -- it it sounds reasonable -- is that you help us get
>> the core of f-14 stuff ready, and then I'd just rebase the bits from
>> our f13-arm OOB branch on the tip of master.
> OK, from the diff I did when you were in London there didn't look to be
> massive changes to it, mostly hacks to work around ARM side of things and
> removal of missing packages.

I haven't pushed stuff out but look if you want into

It's rather messy -- cjb had to force quite a few things, and I am
undoing them as I get through. The resulting history is horrid and

If we have a reasonably-complete F-14 soon, I'll just rebase the
remaining interesting changes on top of OOB's master.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC