Current oob - any clear F13 incompat?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:35:28 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> My main reason for wanting to get F-14 running on the XO HW is so I can
> start testing core components so if we do have issues there I can fix them
> earlier rather than later. There might be an easier way to do this booting
> of SD or similar. Open to ideas.

Sure. I'd make a root fs on an SD card, you can grab the kernel rpms
from http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/public_rpms/f13-arm/

And grab boot.fth from any recent img.

Currently the xo will favour an ext SD card for booting, so just place
it there, with /boot/olpc.fth and off it'll go.

> Busybox is mostly done for F-14, there's issues I'm still looking at for
> F-13. I believe libabiword on F-13 is built. I'll look at csound shortly. I

Excellent news. If F14 is progressing, then focus on that. I don't
_actually_ care about F13 except as a step to get us there :-)

>> What I'd prefer -- it it sounds reasonable -- is that you help us get
>> the core of f-14 stuff ready, and then I'd just rebase the bits from
>> our f13-arm OOB branch on the tip of master.
>>

> OK, from the diff I did when you were in London there didn't look to be
> massive changes to it, mostly hacks to work around ARM side of things and
> removal of missing packages.

I haven't pushed stuff out but look if you want into
koji2.laptop.org:/home/martin/src/olpc-os-builder

It's rather messy -- cjb had to force quite a few things, and I am
undoing them as I get through. The resulting history is horrid and
forgettable.

If we have a reasonably-complete F-14 soon, I'll just rebase the
remaining interesting changes on top of OOB's master.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions