Current oob - any clear F13 incompat?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:51:32 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The major change from F-13 -> F-14 was python 2.7, alot of the rest of it
> > was quite a minor update from a desktop perspective, but I suspect for us
> > the move to 2.7 will have a large effect.
>
> Right -- that probably won't affect OOB. But any changes in prefdm,
> tty/console handling will.
>
> > We're getting closer, my A3 arrived today and I'm hoping to be able to
> spin
> > up first XO 1.75 image in the next day or so, although it will be cut
> down
> > to mostly console we've got most of the X deps there and once the issues
>
> Do you mean F-14 image or F13? I'd suggest: don't worry about building
> an image yet, focus on the F-14 rebuild and the problematic packages
> (that list that included csound, libabiword...) plus those we need for
> dracut-modules-olpc (busybox & its deps...).

My main reason for wanting to get F-14 running on the XO HW is so I can
start testing core components so if we do have issues there I can fix them
earlier rather than later. There might be an easier way to do this booting
of SD or similar. Open to ideas.

Busybox is mostly done for F-14, there's issues I'm still looking at for
F-13. I believe libabiword on F-13 is built. I'll look at csound shortly. I
can compile a special version for F-13 if you like as I suspect the lack of
java on F-13 is what's causing issues there and its likely not worth
spending lots of time on that for F-13.

When you want to work on full images for the XO, let me know and we'll
> have a good session on irc/skype/whatever on koji2 where I can show
> you what we have.

Absolutely!

> What I'd prefer -- it it sounds reasonable -- is that you help us get
> the core of f-14 stuff ready, and then I'd just rebase the bits from
> our f13-arm OOB branch on the tip of master.

OK, from the diff I did when you were in London there didn't look to be
massive changes to it, mostly hacks to work around ARM side of things and
removal of missing packages.

Peter