Current oob - any clear F13 incompat?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:31:58 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> The major change from F-13 -> F-14 was python 2.7, alot of the rest of it
> was quite a minor update from a desktop perspective, but I suspect for us
> the move to 2.7 will have a large effect.

Right -- that probably won't affect OOB. But any changes in prefdm,
tty/console handling will.

> We're getting closer, my A3 arrived today and I'm hoping to be able to spin
> up first XO 1.75 image in the next day or so, although it will be cut down
> to mostly console we've got most of the X deps there and once the issues

Do you mean F-14 image or F13? I'd suggest: don't worry about building
an image yet, focus on the F-14 rebuild and the problematic packages
(that list that included csound, libabiword...) plus those we need for
dracut-modules-olpc (busybox & its deps...).

When you want to work on full images for the XO, let me know and we'll
have a good session on irc/skype/whatever on koji2 where I can show
you what we have.

What I'd prefer -- it it sounds reasonable -- is that you help us get
the core of f-14 stuff ready, and then I'd just rebase the bits from
our f13-arm OOB branch on the tip of master.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions