Current oob - any clear F13 incompat?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:17:10 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:

> On 15 June 2011 13:37, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> >> That sounds like a sensible approach.
> >
> > Yes but I am still based on a rather old OOB and wondering whether to
> > rebase to tip of master -- instead of for example cherry picking bits
> > I want/need.
> >
> > So I ask: any reason to expect it not to work with f13?
>
> Ah, now I understand the question.
>
> Generally there are a fair number of changes between each Fedora
> version which make one branch specific to one Fedora version, and it
> would be a pain to make it support 2. This is certainly true for F11
> vs F12, and F14 vs F15.
>
> F14 vs F13 I haven't tried.
>
> I would recommend keeping your own branch for it, and at a quick
> glance I can't see anything new in master that is terribly interesting
> for you anyway. I would keep going with the branch you have already,
> cherry picking anything you know you want from master, and focus any
> remaining time on getting F14 working.

The major change from F-13 -> F-14 was python 2.7, alot of the rest of it
was quite a minor update from a desktop perspective, but I suspect for us
the move to 2.7 will have a large effect.

We're getting closer, my A3 arrived today and I'm hoping to be able to spin
up first XO 1.75 image in the next day or so, although it will be cut down
to mostly console we've got most of the X deps there and once the issues
with the koji hub settle down we should be full steam ahead for mass
rebuild. Any noarch packages (alot of the python) will be just mass imported
from upstream too.

Peter