XO-1 touchpad once more [Devel Digest, Vol 64, Issue 28]

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 03:35:52 EDT 2011

> Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:45:08 +1000
> From: James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>
> Subject: Re: XO-1 touchpad once more
> Well, we certainly seem to have reduced the frequency of
> the problem
> overall, even if a few people who never had the problem now
> have it.
> ;-)
>
> It's the overall frequency that matters.

I do not know why you say "we certainly seem to have reduced the frequency of the problem overall" but here is some numbers to compare.

I'm not using my XO-1s as much lately, since the XO-1.5 is much more pleasant to use :-) but still managed to gather touchpad  events through several hours of use from my 2 XO-1s.

One is running os860 while the other different OLPC 11.2.0 development builds. Both are also running Puppy linux from an SDcard.
The data record re-calibration events and in most cases CPU load and memory use, in 5 or 7 minutes intervals.

When running puppylinux there are also some logs where the touchpad is powered cycled in 5 or 7 minutes intervals during a sudo anti-RSI step that appears to improve touchpad behavior [1].

Unfortunately the data are not processed in any meaningful way but the frequency and the extend of the events  is evident.
Maybe it could be compared with F7/F9 data if available.

[1] http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=513017#513017