XO-1 touchpad once more

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Mon Jun 13 22:33:44 EDT 2011

My experience is that the xo1 touchpad previously had infrequent periods of total unusability, that is you just had to shut the lid and do something else for an hour but this was a relatively rare event, maybe once a week

Now the touchpad auto-recalibrates, there are frequent periods of unusability that last for round 30 seconds, maybe 4 times an hour

This no doubt varies from laptop to laptop.

I suspect that for my XO1, the error sensing for the recalibrate is more aggressive than optimum.

I recollect that the driver's author issued the invitation for people to mess with the settings and report what settings work best for them. Maybe if anybody is unhappy with current performance, the best contribution would be to look at the source and experiment with the settings

Tony