XO-1 touchpad once more [Devel Digest, Vol 64, Issue 28]

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Tue Jun 14 09:05:46 EDT 2011

yioryos wrote:
 > > Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:45:08 +1000
 > > From: James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>
 > > Subject: Re: XO-1 touchpad once more
 > > Well, we certainly seem to have reduced the frequency of the
 > > problem overall, even if a few people who never had the problem
 > > now have it.
 > > ;-)
 > >
 > > It's the overall frequency that matters.
 > >

 > I do not know why you say "we certainly seem to have reduced the frequency of
 > the problem overall" but here is some numbers to compare.

james' statement surprised me a bit, too, since i'm not sure that
we have data to back that up.  but regardless...

 > I'm not using my XO-1s as much lately, since the XO-1.5 is much
 > more pleasant to use :-) but still managed to gather touchpad
 > events through several hours of use from my 2 XO-1s.
 >
 > One is running os860 while the other different OLPC 11.2.0
 > development builds.  Both are also running Puppy linux from an
 > SDcard.  The data record re-calibration events and in most cases
 > CPU load and memory use, in 5 or 7 minutes intervals.
 >
 > When running puppylinux there are also some logs where the touchpad
 > is powered cycled in 5 or 7 minutes intervals during a sudo
 > anti-RSI step that appears to improve touchpad behavior [1].
 >
 > Unfortunately the data are not processed in any meaningful way but
 > the frequency and the extend of the events is evident.  Maybe it

i guess i don't see it.  just skimming your logs, i'm not having
trends jump out at me.  but as you say, that's not really fair without
having the data plotted in some meaningful way.  perhaps someone
listening with good data visualization skills could help us out here?

paul

 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org