[IAEP] !! in 10.1.3, setting "languages" property clears all activities

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Jan 31 08:57:57 EST 2011

On 01/30/2011 06:55 PM, simon at schampijer.de wrote:
>   Hi Timothy,
>
> so the issue you are seeing is twofold:
>
> a) the command you are using "sugar-control-panel -s language Kreyol/Haiti" will
> write a faulty locale. Can be seen in /home/olpc/.i18n That is why your activity
> icons are gone. It should be something similar to this:
>
> LANG="ht_HT.utf8"
> LANGUAGE="ht_HT.utf8"
>
> b) The Haiti translations are not included in the build (this has been due to
> space constraints). The quickest solution would be to build a new image - as
> Daniel stated if we do it here you would have to download it.
>
> I am building a new image at the moment to get you one option - I will let you
> know how it goes.
>
> Regards,
>     Simon

Ok, I have rebuilt the 860 (10.1.3) build with the Haiti translations
included. Since downloading here at FUDCon takes a while I have not been
able to test them yet (verification welcome). Don't worry the numbering
- just wanted to have it being different than the official signed build.
And yes, like said by Daniel - those builds are not signed by OLPC.

http://build.laptop.org/10.1.3/xo-1/os361-haiti/
http://build.laptop.org/10.1.3/xo-1.5/os361-haiti/

Regards,
    Simon