[IAEP] !! in 10.1.3, setting "languages" property clears all activities

simon at schampijer.de simon at schampijer.de
Sun Jan 30 18:55:37 EST 2011

 Hi Timothy,

so the issue you are seeing is twofold:

a) the command you are using "sugar-control-panel -s language Kreyol/Haiti" will
write a faulty locale. Can be seen in /home/olpc/.i18n That is why your activity
icons are gone. It should be something similar to this:

LANG="ht_HT.utf8"
LANGUAGE="ht_HT.utf8"

b) The Haiti translations are not included in the build (this has been due to
space constraints). The quickest solution would be to build a new image - as
Daniel stated if we do it here you would have to download it.

I am building a new image at the moment to get you one option - I will let you
know how it goes.

Regards,
   Simon