New prototype XO-1.75s in Auckland, New Zealand

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Aug 22 19:15:30 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 09:54:48PM +1000, forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:
> Got it unbricked ok and installed os36

Good.

> Does it need the mod where you put tape on the heat spreader near the
> power jack?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_1.75_B1#Possibility_of_Shorting_Vin

My opinion is that you should do this modification if you plan to test
with a child, or plan to risk applying force to the back panel, e.g.
carrying the laptop unprotected in a personal luggage bag.

> There is a thread on the heat spreader, are there any precautions to
> refit it ok?

Try not to remove it unless you must.  On the XO-1.75 the heat budget is
much cooler, so it is not as critical, but hey, you're in a hot country.
The XO-1.75 heat spreader should have an additional mounting point on a
limb, so make sure you screw that one down too.

I don't yet know if you need to remove the heat spreader to place the
insulating tape.

> Fails on restart, need then to reboot.

#11153, please test again once this ticket asks or is closed.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/