New prototype XO-1.75s in Auckland, New Zealand

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sun Aug 28 23:45:15 EDT 2011

On Aug 22, 2011, at 7:15 PM, James Cameron wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 09:54:48PM +1000, forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:
>> There is a thread on the heat spreader, are there any precautions to
>> refit it ok?

The heat spreader on the XO-1.75 has four attachment points.
Removing and replacing it multiple times shouldn't cause any problems,
just try to avoid getting the heat conducting gunk over the SoC dirty.

And finally, unlike earlier XOs, the heat spreader is much less important.
I'm too busy using the oven for memory testing to check, but I bet that
they will run fine at 50C minus a heat spreader....

Cheers,
wad