Possible XO Graphics Optimization Technique

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Fri Apr 1 11:02:18 EDT 2011

Hello all:

As many of you are aware, work is being done to improve the graphics
performance of various XO laptop platforms.

So in an attempt to improve things further, I looked into optimizing the
data Sugar sends to the video subsystem itself.

I think I have made some improvements, and put up some samples of my Sugar
interface work at http://www.greenfeld.org/1April2011/ .  Feedback is
welcome.

But while I have drastically reduced the amount of bandwidth required to
display the Sugar interface, I fear I have significantly increased the
amount of power required for optimal rendering.

---
SJG