Possible XO Graphics Optimization Technique

C. Scott Ananian olpc at cscott.net
Fri Apr 1 11:57:04 EDT 2011

On Apr 1, 2011 11:03 AM, "Samuel Greenfeld" <greenfeld at laptop.org> wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> As many of you are aware, work is being done to improve the graphics
performance of various XO laptop platforms.

> So in an attempt to improve things further, I looked into optimizing the
data Sugar sends to the video subsystem itself.

> I think I have made some improvements, and put up some samples of my Sugar
interface work at http://www.greenfeld.org/1April2011/ .  Feedback is
welcome.

> But while I have drastically reduced the amount of bandwidth required to
display the Sugar interface, I fear I have significantly increased the
amount of power required for optimal rendering.

Very nice work.  It looks like the sugarlabs website could use some better
markup. (Sidebar at the end would make it more readable.)
  --scott