Bad interaction between sleep timeouts and Salut?

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Sep 16 13:54:07 EDT 2010

On Sep 16, 2010, at 1:28 PM, Hal Murray wrote:

>>> Assuming the problem is in the Avahi level, we should make
>>> sure that the system is coming out from suspend when
>>> the radio receives multicast activity directed to us so Avahi
>>> can properly update its
>
>> That is exactly the problem. It's taking forever-and-a-day to get that
>> sorted. Details at http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9535
>
> It's worse than just multicast not working.  The basic wakeup from a packet
> directly addressed to the machine doesn't work reliably.

On XO-1.5, the use of an SD interface makes suspend/resume without
turning off the WLAN work much better.   Unfortunately, a side effect
was that the firmware for the new chip (Marvell 88W8686, taking half
the power of the one used in XO-1) doesn't yet support wake-on-multicast.

I agree that fixing this is the correct solution.

Cheers,
wad