USB charging while XOs are switched off

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Mon Sep 13 13:44:42 EDT 2010

christoph wrote:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > going through some of my notes from South America I stumbled across a
 > question from a Peruvian teacher who had asked me whether future XOs would
 > allow her to charger her mobile phone while the XO is turned off. Not sure
 > where she had seen that but I think it combination with more and more mobile
 > phones going to towards USB chargers this is actually quite an interesting
 > idea.
 >
 > Is this a feature that has been considered for the XO-1.75?

if by "off" you really mean "off", then i doubt the USB ports will
have power when the laptop is off.  if by "off" you mean "in suspend",
then i'm sure we'll be considering it.  we were hoping to have USB
powered during suspend on 1.5, but were foiled by poor documentation
of the gpio pins in question.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org