USB charging while XOs are switched off

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at
Mon Sep 13 13:10:16 EDT 2010

Hi all,

going through some of my notes from South America I stumbled across a
question from a Peruvian teacher who had asked me whether future XOs would
allow her to charger her mobile phone while the XO is turned off. Not sure
where she had seen that but I think it combination with more and more mobile
phones going to towards USB chargers this is actually quite an interesting

Is this a feature that has been considered for the XO-1.75?

Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews
e-mail: christoph at