Initial F14 developers-only release for XO and XO-1.5

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Sep 4 05:24:45 EDT 2010

> For now, please don't file bugs unless you include patches.

I can understand not wanting bug reports against items which OLPC/Sugar
are still in the process of changing.  But why defer reporting problems
which might not be addressed unless there was a report ?

For instance, Read-87 fails to launch on XO-1 os1 (F14) when it tries to
 'import evince'.  Though the necessary gnome-python2-evince package was
not included in the os1 build, when I manually install that package from
the yum Fedora-14 repositories, the import statement still fails --
apparently because the evince.so module provided by the current
Fedora-14 package has internal inconsistencies.  I myself do not have a
Python test case which does 'import evince' - nor do I have a patch -
but perhaps the maintainers of the Read Activity might want to discuss
this situation with the maintainers of Python on Fedora 14.

mikus