Initial F14 developers-only release for XO and XO-1.5

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 06:19:38 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>> For now, please don't file bugs unless you include patches.
>
> I can understand not wanting bug reports against items which OLPC/Sugar
> are still in the process of changing.  But why defer reporting problems
> which might not be addressed unless there was a report ?

Just to take a stab at answer.... Because Daniel is tired.  He has
been on the road for months/years solving other peoples problems.  Now
he is spending some time (I hesitate to call it 'free' time) working
on a project which is personally interesting.... while generously
sharing it with the world.

If anyone wants to set up a formal bug tracker... and work on those
bugs I am sure Daniel would be happy to work _with_ them.  But for
now, he has enough on his hands.

Based on his track record for getting things done, I am inclined to
give Daniel the benefit of the doubt that what he is doing will become
the basis of a future software release!

david