Required help to read os images of XO in GNU/linux and how to build sugar os image for Arm processor

ganesh gajre ganeshgajre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:07:54 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 3:39 AM, ganesh gajre <ganeshgajre at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello Folks,
> >
> > I want to read and see the content of XO OS images in the Ubuntu by
> running
> > it in emulator like qemu, I search on wiki.laptop.org and also google it
> for
> > more info. But i didn't get the proper resource for the same.
> >
> > Architecture of XO contains Arm processor, can any one help me  for How
> > install GNU/Linux distros  with sugar , like  OS 850 build of XO which
> > contains both gnome and  and Sugar desktop on non-XO machine which has
> ARM
> > processor.
> >
> > Please guide me. Thank you
>
> I would suggest trying Ubuntu Sugar Remix on Ubuntu Maverick.  If
> Ubuntu runs on your machine Ubuntu Sugar Remix will also work.
> Install ubuntu as normal and then run sudo apt-get ubuntu-sugar-remix.
>  This will give you a choice of gnome and Sugar from the login screen
> and you can run sugar in a window from grnome.
>
> Another option is Sugar on Debian

Thanks David, I had run ubuntu-sugar-remix in ubuntu 10.04 & 10.10 maverick
successfully.
My need is, I have to run Sugar desktop on non-XO machine which has ARM
processor. I didn't install Ubuntu on the ARM machine, I am trying to
install Debian system on that with sugar.
I am unable to install Debian system on  ARM based machine. Can anyone
suggest how to do it?
What i get is the process of installing debian is like a OS installation in
XO with built in Sugar. I want to do the same process for non-XO  tablet.

--
Ganesh (Dragger)
Be a FOSSERS, use GNU/Linux