Required help to read os images of XO in GNU/linux and how to build sugar os image for Arm processor

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:18:46 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 3:39 AM, ganesh gajre <ganeshgajre at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I want to read and see the content of XO OS images in the Ubuntu by running
> it in emulator like qemu, I search on wiki.laptop.org and also google it for
> more info. But i didn't get the proper resource for the same.
>
> Architecture of XO contains Arm processor, can any one help me  for How to
> install GNU/Linux distros  with sugar , like  OS 850 build of XO which
> contains both gnome and  and Sugar desktop on non-XO machine which has ARM
> processor.
>
> Please guide me. Thank you

I would suggest trying Ubuntu Sugar Remix on Ubuntu Maverick.  If
Ubuntu runs on your machine Ubuntu Sugar Remix will also work.
Install ubuntu as normal and then run sudo apt-get ubuntu-sugar-remix.
 This will give you a choice of gnome and Sugar from the login screen
and you can run sugar in a window from grnome.

Another option is Sugar on Debian

david