Idle-suspend a little too intrusive to user experience?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue May 11 13:15:21 EDT 2010

On 10 May 2010 10:59, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Laptops have not yet been handed out here in La Rioja, but a few have
> been handed around to various parts of the MinEd and support staff, so
> we're already seeing some bug reports and user experiences rolling in.
>
> The idle-suspend experience has been causing some discomfort.
> Specifically 4 cases:

1 more case I saw today: (being tight on time and conducting a
training session I only attempted this once and didn't attempt to
reproduce, so I'm making a few assumptions here...)

When connected to a network without a school server (i.e. using salut
collaboration), if one of the machines is sleeping while another
machine shares an activity with the neighbourhood, upon wakeup that
first machine won't see the shared activity and hence cannot join.

I waited about a minute before giving up..maybe it just takes some
more time, but I feel that we need to do some serious testing here.
With gabble as well.

Daniel