Idle-suspend a little too intrusive to user experience?

James Cameron quozl at
Mon May 10 23:02:35 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:59:50AM -0300, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Laptops have not yet been handed out here in La Rioja, but a few have
> been handed around to various parts of the MinEd and support staff, so
> we're already seeing some bug reports and user experiences rolling in.

Which build?

> 3. After a lid-suspend, the machine frequently sleeps before it has
> scanned or reconnected for wireless networks.  [...] #9854 [...]

Yes, my tests show about 30 seconds elapse before scan and reconnect is
done ... with a simple network environment of one known fast open AP.

An idle suspend timeout of 15 seconds means scan and reconnect will not
happen unless the user keeps the laptop awake.

James Cameron