Idle-suspend a little too intrusive to user experience?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 10 23:02:35 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:59:50AM -0300, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Laptops have not yet been handed out here in La Rioja, but a few have
> been handed around to various parts of the MinEd and support staff, so
> we're already seeing some bug reports and user experiences rolling in.

Which build?

> 3. After a lid-suspend, the machine frequently sleeps before it has
> scanned or reconnected for wireless networks.  [...] #9854 [...]

Yes, my tests show about 30 seconds elapse before scan and reconnect is
done ... with a simple network environment of one known fast open AP.

An idle suspend timeout of 15 seconds means scan and reconnect will not
happen unless the user keeps the laptop awake.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/