XO-1.5 network disconnection button testing

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Wed Mar 31 08:42:53 EDT 2010

thanks for doing this, james.

james wrote:
 > G'day,
 >
 > Those of you who have been testing XO-1.5 builds may have noticed that
 > you cannot disconnect from a wireless network, and you cannot discard
 > network history.  The workaround was to remove connections.cfg.
 >
 > Per ticket #9977 and #9788, I've made some changes to Sugar network
 > connection handling code and need some testers.  The changes are:
 >
 > - enable the disconnect button on the access point menu in the
 >   neighbourhood view, (rather than the button doing nothing),
 >
 > - fix the disconnect button on the wireless device icon in the frame
 >   so that the disconnection remains effective, (rather than only
 >   disconnecting and reconnecting automatically),
 >
 > - enable the discard network history button in the network control
 >   panel, which also now forces a disconnect, and will be insensitive

was it logically necessary to force the disconnect?  i can
imagine that it might have been, but i can also imagine pushing
it, and then wondering why my current network went away,
particularly if it were an open net.  (i understand that
automatic reconnection to secure nets would be impossible after
the discard.)  it's not a big deal, considering all the other
improvements you've made, and if you think it keeps it all cleaner,
that's fine.

paul