problems with an XO

Rodolfo D. Arce S. rodolfo.arce.s at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 13:48:20 EDT 2010

Hello:

Machine SKU26, Serial: SHF8220176E Model XO-1

I can't say it stoped in the middle of the upgrade, it failed after
everything finished.. it was like this.. i got the q2e41.rom file in a sd
card, i ran the command

ok flash sd:\q2e41.rom

checking.. writing.. checking.. and than something else.. and apparently
finished.. cuase i didn't came back until about 15 min later.. (i went to
the grocery store.. haha).. and when i came back.. the screen showed:

Checking
Writing
Error, SPI Flash ID 0
ok <- this is the prompt..

But i was not allowed to write anymore.. nor to reboot or anything.. y
unplugged the AC power, but the led remained on.. that's where i figured it
REALLY failed, 'cause if it failed in one of the testings or such, during
firmware installation if it fails it still maintains the old firmware, and
the prompt works.. but that didn't happen in this occasion

I tryed to reboot with the prompt, didn't work, I tryed to turn off using
power button, didn't work, y disconected power (again), didn't work.. so I
removed the battery.. and it powered off.. when i turned on.. nothing..
black screen of Firmware death (bricked).. but it didn't happen during
upgrade.. it happened when upgrade aparently finished

cheers.. R

--
Rodolfo D. Arce S.
www.rodolfoarce.com