q3a35 problem

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Mar 12 09:27:02 EST 2010

>> Again - please tell me WHAT MORE a user performing a firmware reflash
>> can do "to ensure that the firmware reflash actually occurred" ?
>
> On reboot press the x key (esc) to get to open firmware and check the
> ofw banner at the top of the screen.

My normal practice is to press the 'check' game button whenever an XO is
being powered on.  My reason is so that I am told (from the
informational messages on the console) *which* device the boot is from.

In the specific case being discussed here, the first informational
message I saw told me that Q3A35 was being used.  More to the point -
the fact that (as the result of the <esc> key) OFW paused at the ok
prompt (and accepted the fs-update command) led me to believe that the
firmware now in that XO appeared to be functioning correctly.

mikus