surprisingly early suspend

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sun Mar 7 22:00:35 EST 2010

Suspend happens after fifteen seconds of no UI interaction
(there are other criteria as well).

We are trying to ensure that this suspend is transparent to
the user.

Currently, screen dimming is "wrongly" tied to suspend (not sleep)
timing.   This has recently been a subject of vigorous debate, and
should change in a upcoming release.

We are also looking into supporting wakeup on USB.  It is unclear
how well this will work (as it didn't work very well on XO-1, even
with sideband signals available for wakeups).  The XO-1.5 hardware
theoretically supports this, but I don't know if any USB keyboards
will properly support this.

I would love to see the UI idle time before suspend be 1-2 sec. !

Cheers,
wad