surprisingly early suspend

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Mar 5 23:44:42 EST 2010

Disclaimer:  I am not asking for help;  I am reporting my experiences.

XO-1.5.  Was installing a new build.  I got distracted, then noticed
that the boot-up process had gotten as far as asking for the name to be
typed in.  Plugged in the external keyboard - was surprised that me
pressing keys did not show up on the screen.  Pressed keys on native XO
keyboard -- they did not show up on screen either.  Then the screen
brightened, and I realized that the XO-1,5 had gone into suspend because
I had not "soon enough" entered the name when boot-up was asking for it.

mikus