using libertas_tf with F11 on XO-1

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Jun 10 12:15:28 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Assim Deodia <assim.deodia at> wrote:
> I am trying to load libertas_tf_usb module on XO-1 to use it as an AP.
> but when I modprobe libertas_tf_usb (after unloading libertas and usb8xxx

Hi Assim!

I don't think many people have been playing with it recently -- though
it is important and we'd love to see it working (and a howto, or
patches, if you come up with any).

I can suggest some leads to follow:

AFAIK, the libertas_tf we carry is the same as upstream, so these
instructions are relevant

You are talking about building your own kernel -- was libertas_tf not
compiled for the kernel on F11/XO-1?

> I also tried blacklisting libertas and usb8xxx but still they are loading at
> the boot time.

That's weird, but may be happening in the initramfs.

If the above hints don't help, might be time to open a conversation at

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect