using libertas_tf with F11 on XO-1

Assim Deodia assim.deodia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 14:20:53 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 21:45, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Assim Deodia <assim.deodia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I am trying to load libertas_tf_usb module on XO-1 to use it as an AP.
> > but when I modprobe libertas_tf_usb (after unloading libertas and usb8xxx
>
> Hi Assim!
>
> I don't think many people have been playing with it recently -- though
> it is important and we'd love to see it working (and a howto, or
> patches, if you come up with any).
>
> I can suggest some leads to follow:
>
> AFAIK, the libertas_tf we carry is the same as upstream, so these
> instructions are relevant
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/libertastf

I have already followed these instructions as it is. They are same as on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Libertas_Thinfirmware_HOWTO. But for some reason
they does not seems to be working. atleast not at my end.

You are talking about building your own kernel -- was libertas_tf not
> compiled for the kernel on F11/XO-1?

libertas_tf doesn't come compile in pre-build kernels. I have rebuilt the
kernel rpms with libertas_tf and libertas_tf_usb enabled. if anyone
interested in testing at their own end can get the rpms from me.

> > I also tried blacklisting libertas and usb8xxx but still they are loading
> at
> > the boot time.
>
> That's weird, but may be happening in the initramfs.
>
> If the above hints don't help, might be time to open a conversation at
> linux-wireles
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/MailingLists#linux-wireless_online_archives

I will try some more hacks at my end else will mail the above list. Thanks
for the pointers.

> cheers,

> --
>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com