using libertas_tf with F11 on XO-1

Assim Deodia assim.deodia at
Tue Jun 8 12:18:03 EDT 2010

I am trying to load libertas_tf_usb module on XO-1 to use it as an AP.
but when I modprobe libertas_tf_usb (after unloading libertas and usb8xxx
) eth0 disappears and wmaster0 appears. Googling wmaster0 shows that its a
hidden interface which sometime shows up and is use for internal purpose.

I guess the driver is not recognizing the hardware. modprobe does not report
any error and lsmod shows libertas_tf_usb and libertas_tf being loaded. no
error in system logs too.

I also tried blacklisting libertas and usb8xxx but still they are loading at
the boot time.

I have installed a freshly compiled kernel with libertas_tf and
libertas_tf_usb enabled following [1] and [2] and using [3] as the source
and i am using F11 on XO-1. I have compiled the kernel on XO itself.

Is there something I am missing?

Assim Deodia