#10171 LOW Not Tri: MathGraph32 launch violates convention

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Jun 3 11:32:33 EDT 2010

> I don't see any problem with the icon in the frame in my XO-1 qith Sugar
> 0.82. Could you please be more specific on this point?

Attached is a screenshot taken when MathGraph32 was running on a 802B6
system.  The center of the display screen shows information from
MathGraph32 itself.  But Frame shows as highlighted the icon for
Terminal (it had been launched before MathGraph32 was launched).

Sugar supports switching between X-sessions in an XO, if there are
multiple activity-level X-windows available for viewing.  The user can
click on the icon in Frame for the X-window (e.g., activity session) the
user wants to view next.

To assist the user, Sugar highlights the icon in Frame corresponding to
the "currently active session" (i.e., the X-window whose information is
being currently displayed).  If what is being shown on the display
screen is information from MathGraph32, then it is the MathGraph32 icon
in Frame that is supposed to be highlighted.

The attached screenshot is proof that in my XO-1 with Sugar 0.82, when
running MathGraph32, it is the wrong Frame icon which is highlighted.

mikus