USB2VGA adapters on XO-1.5 (and XO-1 with F11 images)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:46:33 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Jon Nettleton <jon.nettleton at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I suspect that the Geode driver may not be a good friend of Xinerama.
>>

> My gut instinct is that EXA and Xinerama are not playing well

The driver ignored my setting AccelMethod to XAA. It did get the hint
with NoAccel, but that hasn't solved the crash. It just takes less
time to crash.

> What acceleration mode are you using for the SisUSB adapter?

I don't think it does any kind of acceleration.

> I can take a quick look at the sisusb
> driver to see what it is doing if it will help.

It's an optional (but cool) feature. Not a blocker in my book.

We're hurting a lot more on the rotation side. Speaking of which, ISTR
you had a patch that kind of worked but was showing artifacts. Is that
anywhere I can find?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions