Some testing notes for OS10 for the XO-1

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Sun Jan 3 22:31:24 EST 2010

james wrote:
 > Its quite hackish but you can get your mouse and keyboard back after suspend by
 > telling i8042 to unbind and rebind. I haven't tried altering powerd itself but
 > you can see for yourself what i am talking about by executing the following
 > command before immediately suspending for a few seconds then waking it:
 >
 > sleep 45 ; sudo sh -c 'echo -n "i8042" >
 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/unbind' ; sudo sh -c 'echo -n "i8042" >
 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/bind

thanks for the report that that works -- if you're interested in
turning that into a more permanent (but temporary :-) workaround,
you could add it as a script in /etc/powerd/postresume.d, where
it will be executed as the system resumes.  (search for
"post-resume" in the powerd script for a bit more information.)

perhaps i should have said earlier that we have a good understanding of
where the bug came from -- see http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9779#comment:25 .

the obvious fix is to make the code which fixed the bug for
XO-1.5 only apply to that platform, though it's not immediately
clear why it should harm XO-1.

paul