Some testing notes for OS10 for the XO-1

James Smith metal.lunchbox at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 20:57:13 EST 2010

Its quite hackish but you can get your mouse and keyboard back after suspend by telling i8042 to unbind and rebind. I haven't tried altering powerd itself but you can see for yourself what i am talking about by executing the following command before immediately suspending for a few seconds then waking it:

sleep 45 ; sudo sh -c 'echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/unbind' ; sudo sh -c 'echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/bind

even if this isn't a real solution I hope that it can be used to make a some alteration to powerd's wake process to get it working for now. My suspicion is that a fix to the i8042 driver would be better but I know nothing about that.