[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 17 18:34:10 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 02:53:37AM -0800, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> So thanks to helpful comments from pgf and JC (quozl), I made a new
> tinycore-XO1 version  (tc_xo_X.tar.bz2)  with a functional Xorg and
> game keys. The build and changelog are here
> http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/TinyCore_for_XO1/

Sounds good.

> Help is appreciated as always, particularly in power management.

I'd find it much easier to help if I could reproduce your work.  If you
could cast your instructions into the form of a script that makes the
changes, as I did in my original mktinycorexo, then that would encourage
further involvement.

You see, at any time, I can run mktinycorexo, and in almost no
subjective time I've a new version ready to run, based on the latest
upstream components.

Following your instructions requires significant time investment, and
there are still some ambiguities that a script would eliminate.

Let me know if you'd like specific advice on how do do some of your
changes in a script.  I recognise that you haven't used every shell
feature that exists.  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/