Record activity performance

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Dec 23 19:12:20 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 10:36:56AM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> The project pages for those activities are:
>   https://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/musicpainter
>   https://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/image-thumbnail

Any chance of supporting http:// as well as https:// ?  The extra few
packets required by the SSL negotiation combined with rural and remote
network latency makes visiting these URLs painful.

> I was thinking that. Unfortunately this bug makes Record look 'broken'
> to a lot of people, and it doesn't create a good perception of the
> XOs.
>
> I was thinking of releasing our own version with High disabled in
> hw.py (just as Best is), but thought it better to discuss here first.

Sounds like a reasonable idea, unless you see some development
happening.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/