re active the network mesh when suspends the system

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Thu Dec 16 12:39:55 EST 2010

martin wrote:
 > On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Esteban Arias
 > <earias at plan.ceibal.edu.uy> wrote:
 > > I have the mesh inactive (dextrose version xo-1.0)
 > >
 > > In the file: /etc/rc.local I have:
 > > echo 0 > /sys/class/net/eth0/lbs_mesh
 > >
 > > but, when suspends the system, (close and open the laptop xo),
 > > reactive the mesh....
 >
 > I think recent versions of powerd can run scripts on resume --

actually post-resume scripts have been available for some time.
it was pre-suspend scripts that were added recently.

look for "Post-resume scripts" in /usr/sbin/powerd for documentation.

Note:  these scripts run when there's a high likelihood that
the system will, or did, suspend.  but the suspend may not actually
have happened.  in the case being discussed ("echo 0 > lbs_mesh"), it
sounds like that's probably okay, but you wouldn't want to use these
script hooks to implement a suspend counter, or something that breaks
the system if the suspend didn't actually take place.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org