olpc-os-builder repository help

Mike Dawson mikeofmanchester at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 02:55:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

There's no need to clone repos...  when you use image builder or os
builder it will download only the required packages.

You can also put a proxy cache in between the build script and the
Internet (set the http_proxy variable) to make sure that when you go
to run the build again nothing will need re-downloaded.  I have used
polipo for this before and it works very nicely - if you set that as
the proxy then to store files whilst running scripts nothing ever gets
downloaded twice.

Re. downloading itself - why not schedule/run any large downloads
overnight?  That will likely be required as you won't normally get
away with stuff that will download during the day...

Regards,

-Mike