the old keypad behavior gets too sensitive

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Apr 16 18:44:34 EDT 2010

> um, we've had a lot of trouble with XO-1 touchpads, which is what mikus
> was using.  i think this is the first report of serious erratic
> operation on an XO-1.5.

Sorry, you misinterpreted me.  My experience has been with several
XO-1s, NOT with the XO-1.5 -- that's what I meant when I said "the old
keypad" -- I was talking about the one with three surfaces, not the one
("new") with only one surface.  As far as I know, people have not been
putting XO-1.5 motherboards into cases having keypads with 3 surfaces.

The one time I was using (touch-pad *only*, not mouse) both an XO-1 and
an XO-1.5 in the same environment, the touch pad on the XO-1.5 behaved
as I would expect, whereas the touch pad on the XO-1 was "touchy".

mikus

p.s.  I attribute it to Alzheimer's -- but while I have a clear idea in
my mind of what I am talking about, I see that that idea does not always
get clearly conveyed to others.  Right now, it is too much effort to
keep straight when/if to say "touch pad" and when/if to say "keypad".
[And no, please don't tell me -- I'll immediately forget anyways.]