Troubles reconnecting new ALPS controller

Daniel Drake dsd at
Wed Apr 14 19:39:47 EDT 2010

On 14 April 2010 20:06, John Watlington <wad at> wrote:
> Teach the repair centers to not disconnect that cable.

I might be wrong but isn't it necessary to unplug it in order to
replace the keyboard?

It certainly makes replacing the keyboard controller impossible, but
that isn't something I've seen necessary very often.

> The connector is designed for a single insertion, and
> no removal.   This wasn't clear to us/Quanta until recently.
> We've discussed replacing it.   The idea behind that
> connector is that it will never become disconnected accidentally.
> It'll probably happen, but until then:

Oh wait, are you saying it's not OK to remove the connector that is
crossed out by the red, but it is OK to remove the other end?
Today we had the problem when removing that "other end" and it's not
the first time I've seen it happen. The black thing came off and
doesn't attach itself again.