XO-1 Mesh support in F11, testing request

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Sep 19 08:27:58 EDT 2009

2009/9/19 Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com>:
>> Anyone interested in helping the last few steps in getting XO-1 mesh
>> support running again?
>
> Sorry - but my news (testing mesh support in F11) is not good.

Thanks for the feedback. I think we can summarize the problems into a
few groups:

 - activity/presence/telepathy level problems (e.g. your inability to
chat successfully) that are on a different level of the stack from the
work I've been doing
 - a Sugar bug where the neighborhood view becomes partially or wholly
unresponsive to clicks (I saw this twice, even before modifying to add
mesh support)
 - some mesh connectivity issues related to
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network.networkmanager.devel/13607
(related to my work, but to be tackled separately)

I'll move forward on getting my work into NM-0.7 and F11, which will
then enable more people to help fix the other issues you have found.

Thanks,
Daniel