Sharing files among several XO

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Oct 30 09:11:56 EDT 2009

On 29.10.2009, at 16:23, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> 2009/10/29 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:
>>
>> On 29.10.2009, at 02:47, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>>
>>> Under Etoys, If I keep down the mouse button and choose "Save under
>>> another name" (I am not sure about the exact message), and save the
>>> project with another name, then in the journal the previous instance
>>> of the project is replaced with this new one. I will check again
>>> tonight.
>>>
>>> Note: Pay attention I am not just using the Keep button
>>
>> Why?!
>
> Because I need it to conduct test and I want to be sure to save
> another instance of the project, under another name.

No, I meant why you don't simply click the Keep button.

> Btw, I can confirm you renaming the project in Etoys toolbar then
> saving does not produce another instance everytime.

For me it does, every time. Can you write up steps to reproduce the
problem?

> The modus operendi of the journal does not looks intuitive to me, but
> well it does not count really as I am not the typical target audiance.
>
> Hilaire

Be that as it may I still think Etoys should follow the Sugar
conventions closely. And as far as I know it does.

If clicking the Keep button does not save another copy every time you
click it, that's a bug. Mind I'm not talking about the save menu item,
just the Keep button.

- Bert -