Sharing files among several XO

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:27:57 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 29.10.2009, at 16:23, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

>>> Why?!
>>
>> Because I need it to conduct test and I want to be sure to save
>> another instance of the project, under another name.
>
> No, I meant why you don't simply click the Keep button.
>
>> Btw, I can confirm you renaming the project in Etoys toolbar then
>> saving does not produce another instance everytime.
>
> For me it does, every time. Can you write up steps to reproduce the
> problem?
>
>> The modus operendi of the journal does not looks intuitive to me, but
>> well it does not count really as I am not the typical target audiance.
>>
>> Hilaire
>
> Be that as it may I still think Etoys should follow the Sugar
> conventions closely. And as far as I know it does.
>
> If clicking the Keep button does not save another copy every time you
> click it, that's a bug. Mind I'm not talking about the save menu item,
> just the Keep button.

Hi Bert,

It sounds like Etoys is behaving appropriately.

However, perhaps part of the solution is just in naming this other
feature that causing confusion. What does it do exactly? Perhaps
"save" isn't the right term for it. Also, I understand uploading to
Squeakland, but how does "save to a file" differ from Keep?

Eben