Sharing files among several XO

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Oct 28 16:12:19 EDT 2009

On 28.10.2009, at 15:51, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> 2009/10/28 Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>:
>

>>> I tried to share a project from Etoys, but it lead to an error,
>>> (kind
>>> of server error messages)
>>
>> What was the error, this is the problem to resolve.
>
> I tried again this afternoon to write down the error message. When
> your drop a project Morph in the buddies representation in Etoys, the
> project Morph is effectively received in the other XO, but opening the
> project lead to an error. I write it down this afternoon, Etoys issues
> this error messages:
>
> 'Current project does not know a server either', then 'project not
> found'

Ah. Apparently it really only transmits the project thumbnail, not the
project itself. Too bad.

OTOH this would have been impractical anyway if there are more than a
handful kids. The teacher would have had to drop the project on each
badge. And I think Etoys can't even show more than a handful of badges
at the same time, if there are more people joining the badges go off
screen.

The Distribute activity would be your best bet I guess. Where is it?

- Bert -