XO-1.5 follow-on impression

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 15:05:09 EDT 2009

Some more comments from recent use and demos of my 1.5 w/ os32, some
of which I'll put into trac.

1) Twice in half an hour I was able to get Sugar to stop redrawing
when, while it had 5-6 activities open, someone hovered over the XO on
the desktop to pull up the config menu.  The menu would open, not
display text, and the mouse and interface would stop working.
journal/frame keys wouldn't work.  ctrl-alt-del worked instantly in
both cases to restart X.  I couldn't dupliate on demand.

2) Infoslicer always claimed it couldn't reach the network to download
articles even when browse had no trouble.

3) The network still shows three copies of every access point.

4) Both Browse and Firefox on Gnome don't load certain popular sites
(see below).

SJ