Images partitioned right?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Oct 10 00:19:56 EDT 2009

> Using an USB->SD adapter with one of those recommended SD cards might
> be a good idea.

I'm very heavily dependent on SD cards.  In 2008 it was my
experience that using a particular hub/adapter to initialize SD
cards, I was often seeing partition table corruption.  What I ended
up doing was to *only* use the XO-1 itself (built-in SD slot) for
partitioning and for filesystem creates on an SD card.

In 2009 I got an external adapter that is built like a tank (but
only does SD cards).  I have had zero problems using it to
initialize SD card filesystems.

mikus

p.s.  I have been cautioned to avoid guessing when I do not *know*.
  But from using a large number of external USB devices with XO-1s,
my guess is that the XO system is sensitive to the 'timings'
presented by those USB devices - so that's something to watch out
for with USB->SD adapters.  Maybe the more recent XO software has
gotten to be more tolerant than the earlier software was.